Volunteers are always welcome at Paws and Claws Animal Sanctuary. With more than 500 animals in our care, there is always a task that needs to be done. Some of these tasks includes feeding, grooming, socializing, cleaning the kennels and cattery, general cleaning around the sanctuary and surrounding areas, washing dishes, washing laundry.
You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer at the sanctuary
- You must commit to a 4-hour shift
- You must commit to at least 8 hours of volunteer work to be considered an active volunteer (only active volunteers are able to work on events)
- Minors (under 17 years old) must volunteer with an adult guardian and sign a waiver
- You're responsible for your own trike fare from Star Mall to the sanctuary and back. (10 php/person)
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
Volunteer shifts are available every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. Volunteer shifts are from 8 am to 12 noon or 1 pm to 4 pm. With a packed schedule, ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST ARRIVE ON TIME. When volunteers arrive late, it puts us behind schedule. This means our cats and dogs eat late, bathe late, and all the tasks for the day are thrown off schedule. For this reason, LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED.
- Click on the "Visit Us" button on the Home page
- Choose "Volunteer"
- Pick your date (must be on a Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday only)
- Pick your shift: 8 am to 12 noon or 1 pm to 4 pm (Volunteers are expected to work a 4 hour shift)
- Include the names of everyone in your group, if applicable
- Receive an email confirmation
- MUST ARRIVE AT LEAST 15-30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED SHIFT
- 8 am volunteers MUST be at the pick-up point NO LATER THAN 7:45
- 1 pm volunteers MUST be at the pick-up point NO LATER THAN 12:45
- LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ACCOMMODATED
- Visitors and volunteers are responsible for their own trike fare (10 php/person) from Star Mall to the sanctuary and back.
- Wear comfortable shoes (no open toed shoes or flip-flops allowed)
- Wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty
- Bring your own food and drinks